Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Airport Surprise!

I just wanted to thank all of our family and friends that met us at the airport. We were two hours late, I think. We never expected people to stay out that late and welcome us home. It was an awesome feeling to walk down the aisle and see friends and family, smiling and happy to see us.

On the way home (it was after midnight) Chloe kept saying, "I feel loved." It was wonderful to hear her say that. I always hope my children "Feel the Love". Do you know what I mean? Michelle and Freddie Garcia (Tony's sister and husband) had signs written in Chinese to welcome Ai Ai home. It was so sweet. I am keeping that in her China Box to remind her of this experience when she gets older. Friends from church brought gifts and balloons! It was amazing....

I did want to mention that we attend Life Assembly in Mt. Juliet, TN. It is an amazing church, full of happy people that love the Lord! One time when we were visiting Life Assembly, we were driving home full of smiles. Tony said, "I'll tell you one thing...that is a church full of happy people....and they love the Lord too!" The way he said it was so hilarious. We laughed and laughed about it. We still get choked up laughing when one of us starts to say, I'll tell you one thing...we can't get through the sentence. Anyway, it is a compliment, to say the least.

We should seize every opportunity to give encouragement. Encouragement is oxygen to the soul.

A man has joy by the answer in his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good it is! Proverbs 15:23

2 comments:

LaLa said...

So glad you are home and happy! Hopefully we can all get together soon and meet your newest addition. Happy New Year...what a great way to start.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you all had a great trip & safe trip home! I am so happy for you & your family! When you can, I would love to see a picture with all 4 of your beautiful girls in it! When you have time, email me soon! I miss catching up with you! Love, Mindy