Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Orphange Ceremony







Anyway, I said earlier that there was little emotion shown in regards to Ai Ai when we went to her orphanage. Well, do I have a story to tell. I hope I can write this really fast. We are leaving in a couple hours and I have so much to say, but so much to do. Yesterday we went to the orphanage for a ceremony. On the way to the orphanage Ai Ai pretended like she was asleep. Susan, our tour guide, said she doesn't want to go to the orphanage. Ai Ai started to cry. Tony noticed before I did. She never made a sound, just a few tears trickling down her cheek. She was trying so hard not to cry. Tony told her it was ok to cry. I wanted to say please cry out. How can you not cry? When we walked into the orphanage ceremony room, all of Ai Ai 's classmates were in the room with us. They made her a poster and said their goodbyes. The director made statements about how they are happy that Ai Ai is going to have a better life. It was touching....it was gut wrenching. Three little kids were right next to me looking at me and they were staying in this orphanage. I wanted to grab everyone of them. I wanted to scream "Doesn't everyone deserve a chance at a better life?" All of the children deserve it, but will they get it? Anyway, we exchanged gifts, hugs, and we walked to the bus. We took a lot of pictures.

I have to go, but just wait until you hear what happened later that night. You won't believe it!

8 comments:

florence said...

Wow! What an emotional day! The picture of Aimee and Ai Ai on the bus is so touching. I pray that she feels so loved and the transition in leaving the orphanage and her friends will be softened by the fact that she has such a wonderful family welcoming her with open arms. I am so glad that Chloe and Sophie are there. How are they doing with this experience? How was the flight and jet lag? I am praying for you every day!

Love,
Florence

Anonymous said...

Hey! I hope you all are doing great! I saw the Pictures of Jin Ai(AI AI)She is so cute! I'm guessing from some of the pictures she likes you all, but how could she not! Ive been praying for you all and talking about you to!! You can ask anyone!lol Well I cant wait till you all get back. I hope you have a great trip!Talk to you later!! Love Rachel
ps ( I miss you Chloe, have fun)

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH!

WHAT HAPPENED NEXT? Don't leave me hanging like this. NOOOOO! Come back and tell us!!

I can't stop crying.
Let's go there and take all the kids home!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Aimee!!! Cliffhanger is right. No fair! :) How awesome that you already have such wonderful news to share with us. I can't will until we can read all about it. I SO love the pic with you and AiAi together....it's just PERFECT!! HUGS, Anita

Anonymous said...

Wow. Just wow. I want to adopt so badly.
Tell Ai Ai about me because I am definitely meeting y'all at the airport no matter what time. Tell her I want to hug her and tell her she is adorable.
Mr. Tony, I want you to know that if you ever open your own orphange... I'll be working there.
Tell Chloe and Sophie that I love them (and Ai Ai too).

Pam said...

What a touching story. Greg actually told me the other day that he wish we had the money to adopt 20 children all together. That is big since he use to say he always just wanted one child.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the story.

Anonymous said...

it is so good to finally see AiAi and yall all together . We miss all of you like crazy and have been praying for you daily. We sure did enjoy our time with Josie. She was a great little girl with so much energy , laughter and love. She adjusted very well with the 3 boys haha. cant wait to hear more and more, but mostly for you to come back home. what a beautiful expression of love you have shown and a great testimony for others to experience. WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

Captain Life said...

Okay, Julie wants the 3rd one from the right, the one next to the table in front. Put her in the suit case. Love ya