Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sightseeing in Beijing!




Yesterday we visited Tienamen Square, The Forbidden City and The Temple of Heaven. It was very interesting. We were able to visit the place that the Last Emporer movie was inspired by. We saw rooms of his house and toys that he played with. The Chinese people were looking at us with amazment. The local people in Beijing are used to seeing foreigners. People that are visiting from outside of Beijing are not used to seeing foreigners. Many people wanted their pictures taken with the girls like they were celebrities. It was strange. We talked with our guide about foot binding. Her grandmother had her feet bound as a young child. It does not happen anymore. We had peking duck for dinner. They came out with the cooked duck and it still had the head on. They cut the cooked head and left it on the table. Each time we turned the rotating table, the duck head would come by and we would say if it stops at your plate, you have to eat it! Tony kissed the duck head when it landed on him. We went to the silk factory and learned all bout how they make silk from a silk worm. The girls finished off the night with McDonalds. They said it was really good. Today we will drive to Tianjin. We meet our daughter Ai Ai! We are nervous and excited. We miss you Josie so much!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Aimee!! I've been checking your site to see if you arrived safely in China and was so glad to finally hear you're all there!! I can't wait to see your pictures of AiAi with you and hear all about her. Praying for a wonderful Family/Gotcha Day with your new daughter!

Valerie said...

Tony and Aimee,

We are excited about your adventure and your new daughter! We wish you the best and will keep up with your site to see what is going on.

Don and Valerie Burns

Anonymous said...

Aimee and Tony,

I'm so excited to read your blogs. KEEP WRITING! I want to know everything.

We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Aimee and Tony,
Wasn't it amazing? I was there in 1996. I walked for hours and hours looking at everything.
I am so happy for you and your family! What an awesome thing for Chloe and Sophie to see China and come home with a new sister on top of that!
I'll be praying for the rest of the trip to go smoothly and safely.
In Him,
Cappi

Pam said...

Oh, guys. It is great seeing the pictures of Beijing. I'm glad that you have made it there safely. God Bless.

Kim said...

Tony and Aimee,

It is so exciting to see your posts. Troy, Josh, Jordan, and I were wondering how you all were doing. It sounds like you are having a great time. We can't wait to hear about your meeting with Ai. It is so cool to share in this adventure with you. Know that we are praying for you and we can't wait to meet Ai.

Blessings,
Kim

Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD! I am so excited for you guys! I'm glad that you guys mad it there safely and hope that you have an amazinge time with Ai. I look foward to meeting her one day!!!!

Krista

Anonymous said...

Hi Kohanski family! We love the photos. We're excited for you, and praying for you. Marsha

The Wagner Family said...

Tony and Aimee,
We are so excited and anxious for you all! You are in such a beautiful country and your new daughter is absolutely gorgeous! We will check back often to get updates. God be with you and blessings to fall on you in abundance! With love.

Anonymous said...

I guess Tony gives a new meaning to Duck, Duck, Goose. We're praying all goes well for you.

Pam

Anonymous said...

tony do you miss me that much!

Trey

Anonymous said...

Hey guy's,
She's beautiful. Kelly, Morgan, and I have been praying for you.
Have a great time there.
God Bless
The Collins's

florence said...

What a beautiful new daughter you have! I am so thrilled for you! Aimee, God has brought you to China for such a time as this. This is no surprise to Him. In fact, He is up in heaven just beaming with joy right now. Take a deep breath and rest in this amazing journey. I am praying for you all as you begin to get to know Ai Ai and vice-versa. I look forward to reading your blog every day. Just know there are so many people back home who are lifting you up! You are loved. Congratulations,again!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you people!!! Eating ducks is HORRIBLE. It is a sin. I've had up to 22 ducks at once and I raised each one. They were my babies. NOT FOR EATING. Not cool guys, not cool.

Chloe is definitely going to be a vegetarian after this trip. Ha ha.