This year we are carving pumpkins with our exchange student, Ashley. She has never seen a real pumpkin before and she has never carved one either. It was great answering all of her questions on why we just throw the inside of the pumpkin away. Why do we carve pumpkins and why do we put a face on it etc. I don't really know why, I have always carved pumpkins at Halloween. For me, it has nothing to do with the devil or anything like that. I just enjoy being with my family and spending time doing different things together. It is pretty simple to me.
This is a funny picture of Chloe and Josie. Josie is trying to look so tough! Actually they smile alot....so to see this cracks me up.
We went to Florida over fall break. Ashley has never been there. We went to the beach and Disneyland. It was a lot of fun. We have been to Florida alot, but once again, it was a blast with Ashley. She is seeing so many things for the first time. It is like we are seeing it for the first time too.
Sophia at the beach.
Ai Ai (Jinny) at Disneyland

Sophia, Ai Ai, Chloe, Josie, and Ashley at Disneyland.

I love this picture of Chloe. I wonder what she is thinking as the sand slips through her fingers.
Sophia, Ai Ai, Chloe, Josie, and Ashley at Disneyland.
I love this picture of Chloe. I wonder what she is thinking as the sand slips through her fingers.
************************************************************************************
Here are a few pictures we took before Christmas. We were getting ready for church on a Wednesday night, and I said get the poinsettias this could be a great picture.


Chloe started school at DCA in late October. She is a part of the Choir. They performed at Christmas concert and it was beautiful. I know she loves this class. She has been singing before she could really talk. I remember when she was about two and she sat in the back seat and belted out this song. I had to pull the car over. I was shocked. She sounded really good. I mean she was in tune and everything. She had a little soul in her voice. When she was in the first grade, she wanted to sing at the Wilson County Fair. She sang a Little Mermaid song. I was so scared for her to get up there in front of all those people. She was the youngest one performing. She was so tiny and I was so nervous for her. She did great and she even outstretched her arm while she was singing. I have no musical background, no performance experience....nothing. But if you have a child that wants to give something a try....you just have to let them. Within reason, of course. She sings all day....writes songs on napkins and loves poetry.
Chloe started school at DCA in late October. She is a part of the Choir. They performed at Christmas concert and it was beautiful. I know she loves this class. She has been singing before she could really talk. I remember when she was about two and she sat in the back seat and belted out this song. I had to pull the car over. I was shocked. She sounded really good. I mean she was in tune and everything. She had a little soul in her voice. When she was in the first grade, she wanted to sing at the Wilson County Fair. She sang a Little Mermaid song. I was so scared for her to get up there in front of all those people. She was the youngest one performing. She was so tiny and I was so nervous for her. She did great and she even outstretched her arm while she was singing. I have no musical background, no performance experience....nothing. But if you have a child that wants to give something a try....you just have to let them. Within reason, of course. She sings all day....writes songs on napkins and loves poetry.
3 comments:
Aimee, I love the updates! Looks like you are having a wonderful time with Ashley. This has been a very special holiday season for your family. Thank you for sharing it!!!
Dyann Jones
jonestn.blogspot.com
We went to Disney World too over Fall Break!! I love your pictures- thanks for the updates. Hopefully, we can get our families together soon.
Aimee! Loving all the new pictures! All the girls have grown up so much! And Chloe! Her hair is so long! She is simply beautiful! All the girls are beyond adorable, but Chloe is turning into a beautiful young lady! :) Mindy
Post a Comment