Tuesday, June 12, 2007



On May 7th Ai Ai had an Upper Endoscopy performed at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital to look for Esophagael Varices. After viewing her ultrasound, the doctors saw a vein pattern in her stomach area that made them want to go in and see what was going on. Below you will find information regarding this condition and the treatment.




We prayed that when the doctors performed the Endoscopy, they wouldn't find this condition. I believe in the power of prayer....I believe my God is bigger than this disease.


The great news is she did not have Esophageal Varices!!! See I told you my God was big!!!! AMEN...


They did find Helicobacter Pylori Infection and an Ulcer in the Duodenum (Stomach). She has been on medication to clear both of these conditions up. We can handle that.


We have been going to appointments at Vanderbilt every six weeks since January. As of our last visit to the Kidney and Liver Specialists, they told us we did not have to go back for six months! WOW! Thank you Jesus...and I mean that sincerely. Our next adventure is Ai Ai 's teeth. I made an appointment for her to have all her dental work completed in one visit. We tried to split it up, but it was too scarey for her. She just could not handle it. She needs a lot of work done and the stinker of it all is that the work is being done on baby teeth! Once again we will be back at Vanderbilt for this proceedure. To think I was nervous to drive downtown by myself six months ago. Aimee


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! How wonderful that you have gotten that news!
Good luck with the dental work! So enjoying your posts! :)
Love, Mindy

LaLa said...

Thank God...

Thanks for sending the link out..I lost it and have been wondering what is up with you guys.

Love all the pics!

Pam said...

Praise the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! Great pics - can't wait to see you at the fam Re U!!