Hi Everyone,
Thank you so much for reading our Blog and posting. It is great to read what you have to say each day. We miss Josie so much. I can't wait to get home to her. Everyday I am praying for her and looking at her picture. I love you Josie!!!!! Right now it is 8:17 am. Yesterday we took Ai Ai for her medical exam and the doctor said we definitely need to have extensive tests run on her when we get back. We knew she had special needs, but the doctor said that he doesn't understand why the orphanage did not have it looked into more. They had time to do it since she had been there so long. Who knows. Anyway, we will do whatever needs to be done once we get back to America. After the exam, Don, (Tony's dad) took Sophie and Ai Ai to the playground and watched them while Sue, Chloe and I went shopping. We went to local stores and looked at so many interesting things. Tony was in a meeting. I wanted Marsha to know that I did get the tea sets. Also, did she want dresses for the girls or pant suits? Florence, you asked about my back. Yes, it is hurting. Only at night and when I am flat on my back. I am getting something done about it when I get back. Ok...where was I? Anyway, we went to Lucy's to eat American food. Then we did some more shopping and met for dinner at a nice restaurant. Ai Ai wanted shrimp. When they brought it out it had the head on it. The eyes were looking right at us. Chloe was grossed out and felt sick to her stomach. Tony showed Ai Ai how to pull the head off and peel it. She at one point started to eat the brains and juice was running down her fingers. This is the same little girl that was slurping down one baby jelly fish after another at another restaurant. She is very brave. I have eaten squid and other things I am not sure of. I know this is my chance to really experience China. I guess I am just going for it. Today we are going to a local Mall. I don't know how to download pictures and Tony is busy, so I will do it when I get back from breakfast. Aimee
4 comments:
Yuck! Just hearing about brains make me sick to my stomach. We are so spoiled in the U.S. I wonder if Ai Ai will have some adjusting to do when she gets here. You'll have to have rice, chicken, & shrimp on hand just in case. Thanks for keeping us updated. We are praying for your safe return.
Love the Barreiros
Thank you for keeping us posted, it's been great to be able to follow your experience. I'm so glad you all got to go together. I know you miss Josie and she misses you too. Please let us know when you will be back. We can't wait to meet Ai Ai!
Renee
Aimee, I love the updates. It's all wonderful. I'll keep Ai Ai in prayer over the medical unknowns right now. She sure looks perfect! I would really love to have DRESSES for my girls, not pantsuits. Thank you so much. Whatever you can do is wonderful, but like I said, only if it's not an inconvenience for you. Love, Marsha
HI!
Ai Ai looks healthy to me! I would have her kidney checked thoroughly here regardless of what the doctor told you just because I knew there is an issue there. I would think though that if something was not working properly there would be a long record of medical issues with her. Is there a record?
Ahh.. I'm sure it's fine! She looks healthy and fine.
Hey... make sure you post your flight info for Wednesday.
And by the way, Hubby got offered a job! Salary issues have to be hammered out tomorrow (Monday) but it appears that it's all good to go. I'll tell you about it when you get back.
Love to all!
Giovanna
Post a Comment